I like doing these interviews with my teammates because I learn things about them that I didn’t know already. Some people have asked if I’ll write any more essays. I will be posting more essays in the future, but right now I’m focused on classes and September 5!! But in the meantime, I think these interviews are a good way for fans to get to know more about the guys who will be representing Georgia Football this year.
We started with the center, now we’re moving down the O Line. Meet Casey Nickels, a guy who walked on the football team and with hard work earned a scholarship.
Getting to Know: Casey Nickels
1. When is your Birthday? April 12, 1987
2. What High school did you go to?
3. What is your major? Finance
4. What is your favorite restaurant to eat in
5. What is your favorite color? Blue
6. Do you plan on staying in
7. What's your favorite vacation spot?
8. Who are some of your best friends on the team? Brandon Wheeling, Andrew Johnson, Jamie Lindley, and Ty Frixx.
9. Who inspires you the most? My Pops and my brother
10. What is your favorite song? “Toes” by Zac Brown Band
11. If you could change one thing about yourself physically, what would it be? I want to be about 20 pounds heavier. But I want solid weight, not fat!
12. What is your favorite movie? “The Hangover”
13. What do you like to do for fun? Golf is my latest hobby.
14. What's your favorite meal to eat? It has to be a steak and a baked potato.
15. What size shoe do you wear? 13
16. Why did you choose UGA? When I was little, I heard Larry Munson calling a game on the radio and when I actually got to come to a game, I knew this is where I wanted to be.
17. What's your proudest moment at UGA? My proudest moment is coming in as a walk-on and then earning a scholarship.
18. What cell-phone service do you have? Verizon
19. What's your fondest childhood memory? My favorite memory is of building ramps and ramping bikes with my brother.
20. What other city could you see yourself living?
21. What is your favorite Dessert? Ice Cream
22. If you could dream up your dream mate who would she look like? Scarlet Johannson
23. What is your greatest fear? My greatest fear would be to lose a child, my future wife or one of my siblings.
24. What is your greatest accomplishment in life? My greatest accomplishment so far is becoming a Christian.
25. Where are the top 3 spring break places you would love to visit?
26. Who is your favorite male actor? Will Ferrell
27. If there were one woman you could marry, who would it be? Danna Lyda
28. What's your favorite reality show? Rob and Big
29. Top Five All-Time Georgia players? David Pollack, Hershel Walker, John Gurley, Coach T…there are so greats!
30. What are your personal goals for the 2009 season? I want to play in every game and help the team out in some way every week.